Monday, May 5, 2008

Stay away from the $300 pair of jeans

While at home in St. Louis, Mo. I always drive by this little boutique, I've never actually been in, but I was waiting on a friend to meet for lunch so I decided that I would go ahead and stop in. The name of the boutique is I am....!

I loved this shop! They have everything from necklaces to jeans, they have kids' clothes, men's clothes and women's clothes.The boutique is more of a denim boutique and I firmly believe that no one can have too much denim, but what price is acceptable for a pair of jeans? Needless to say that I walked out with two pairs of jeans for an outrageous amount, but should the quality of a jean effect the price by hundreds of dollars? Before you reach a conclusion think about the highest amount of money that you have used to purchase a pair of jeans, and then compare it to your cheapest pair, which pair lasted longer?

I am infatuated with jeans almost as much as I am with shoes. I've spent almost $300 on one pair of jeans, and those were discounted. They have lasted me a long time, but the question is: Is it worth it? I'm going to say "no" on this one. No $300 pair of jean is worth buying at all, because in a few weeks they will be just like all the other jeans in a closet with the tag because there is nothing else in the closet that is worth wearing them with!

No comments: