Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fashion state of mind

When people describe fashion they usually think of an outerwear maybe a cute outfit to go out in or something classy to wear to work or school. But what if fashion is something more. What if fashion is a state of mind, what if the way a person dressed made them feel different on the inside?

I like to consider myself to be quite the fashionista if you will, but there has been many times, and there still are times when I just don't feel like getting dressed. I'm sure many people have woke up in the morning dreading the thought of going to school or work and so they don't take as much time for themselves preparing for their daily routine.

Personally, when I get up in the morning and I find myself to be overwhelmingly tired, in a bad mood or just don't feel like being bothered, I don't take as much time out for myself as I should, and in turn I throw on anything. When I throw on just anything, I walk around looking like "just any 'old' thing," and I feel like it too. This may not be true for all people but I know when I dress in a professional manner I feel like a professional, and I may not have done anything that entire day but when all is said and done, I feel good about myself.

No comments: