Sunday, May 4, 2008

A little overdressed?

I know that I've once said to dress accordingly, but do those who consider themselves to dress accordingly, are they in fact overdressing?
I absolutely hate when I and my friendsa or my boyfriend and I go out and we are dressed in a pair of jeans and shirts (nothing too fancy) and someone comes waltzing into the same bar practically dressed in prom attire. Really... what is that about? I would never walk into any smoke filled place whether it be a night club, restaurant or bar in my best dressed. Not only would I be out of place but I would leave out smelling like an ashtray in some designer clothes and be highly upset.
I know that i said dress accordingly, but who's to say that dressing accordingly is always a pair of slacks and high heels. Dressing accordingly is dressing according to your surroundings, dressing for success in the atmosphere you will be in. Dressing accordingly doesn't mean pull out your nearest ball gown and go bowling! Dress accordingly!

No comments: